Welcome to New Victory Hall
Hall Hire and Use Update - 10 September 2020
Following the Prime Minister’s speech on 9 September 2020 regarding the new laws governing social gatherings, the trustees of the New Victory Hall have interpreted the guidelines as follows:
- The New Victory Hall remains a Covid Secure venue
- Bookings and activities in the hall can continue, providing they respect all Covid Secure guidelines and the new “Rule of 6” on social gatherings, enforceable by law from 14 September 2020.
- The effect of the Rule of 6 upon activities in the hall is stated in the Prime Minister’s speech as follows:
“COVID Secure venues like places of worship, gyms, restaurants and hospitality venues can still hold more than 6 people in total. Within those venues however, there must not be individual groups larger than 6, and groups must not mix socially or form larger groups.”
- The full transcript of the PM’s announcement can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-press-conference-statement-9-september-2020
The hall therefore remains open and available for use within current guidelines and laws providing all Covid Secure conditions are observed and met by hirers and visitors.
If any hirer remains unsure of the impact of the new law upon their bookings or any aspect of using the hall, please contact email@example.com or call us on mobile 07551 008065
The New Victory Hall, opened in September 2009, is one of the most unique and eco-friendly village halls in Britain. Its contemporary design incorporates straw bales and shredded newspaper as insulation within a timber frame. Read about our history here.
The Hall has excellent kitchen and conference facilities and it is available for general hire. The large main hall can accommodate up to 120 people and the meeting room seats up to 16 people. Parking is available for about 40 cars.
The NEW VICTORY HALL is now open and available for hire
- The safety of all who visit and work at the hall is the priority so we all need to follow the Covid–19 safety guidance and arrangements that have been put in place at the hall. These include social distancing, face coverings, special cleaning, hand hygiene, reduced numbers, contactless payments and track and trace procedures.
- Please contact your group direct for information about when it is resuming bookings and the exact arrangements it is following as these vary for different activities.
- Several groups returned in August and are already running their activities successfully although there are, of course, changes to find the ‘new safe normal’ way of doing things. In September, more groups plan to resume so that by October, something will be happening on most days at the hall.
- The Farmers Market (second Saturday in month) and Village Screen Cinema (first Monday in month) are both now operating.
- Bookings for Private Hire e.g. parties have restrictions as these are classed as social gatherings so please contact us to discuss any plans at a very early stage.
- For further information on any aspect of using the hall, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on mobile 07551 008065
We look forward to welcoming you at to your village hall!
New Victory Hall Management Committee
31 August 2020
Follow us on Facebook
Saturday 10 October - 9:00 to 12:00 (and second Saturday every month)
Join us for a selection of local crafts and produce and enjoy a mardle over a bacon roll with tea/coffee
** Please note that Coronavirus safety guidelines will be in place to ensure your safety **